Affordable Care Act Plans
In March 2010, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as PPACA or "Obamacare", was passed into law. This sweeping legislation represents the most significant overhaul of the U.S. Healthcare system in generations. The law was enacted with the purpose of increasing the quality and affordability of healthcare insurance and reducing the number of uninsured Americans. A new report shows that a record 40 million Americans have signed up for coverage related to the ACA.
Key features of the Affordable Care Act include:
- No one can be denied health insurance due to pre-existing health conditions.
- No exclusions can be placed on health insurance policies – limiting or denying coverage of pre-existing conditions.
- No one can be charged more for health insurance because of their health status or gender.
- There are no lifetime limits on coverage, and an insurance company cannot drop you when you get sick.
- Approved preventative services such as annual mammograms and wellness checks are covered with no out-of-pocket costs.
- Cost assistance is available for low to moderate-income families to reduce monthly premiums and make health insurance more affordable.
- All policies must meet the minimum essential benefits standard and offer coverage for the following expenses: outpatient care, emergency room care, mental health, addiction treatment, maternity care, prescription drug coverage, and dental and vision care for children under 19.
Here at Correll Insurance Group of Hilton Head we have licensed and certified agents available to answer your questions regarding the Affordable Care Act and to assist you in choosing a plan for you and your family.
GET A QUOTE & MORE INFO!